Sorry this car is now SOLD. Please register your interest using our Car Finder service.
A fantastic opportunity to own a very desirable Gun Metal Grey Aston Martin DB6 Vantage manual in great condition and benefiting from significant upgrades.
This particular DB6 benefits from having its factory vantage Tadek Marek designed 6 cylinder engine mated to a ZF 5 speed manual gearbox, as it did when it was first delivered in 1966 to a Mrs J Melville of Wetherby.
It has currently covered what is believed to be a genuine mileage of 75,071 from new, totted up by the two previous custodians.
No expense has been spared on maintenance during its life. After changing hands in 1990 the then owner spent £23,000 at marque specialist Pudsley and Lewis prior to the re-furbishment work at Aston Workshop listed below.
Work undertaken at that time included overhauling the ZF gearbox, and a letter was sent from the Aston Martin factory thanking the vendor for allowing their DB6 to be used for assessing the new gear set for the ZF ’box.
This particular Aston is very well known to us here at Aston Workshop as the owner commissioned us to carry out further work including some tasteful and discreet upgrades. These upgrades included electronic power steering, electronic ignition, negative earth conversion with high torque starter motor, high efficiency alternator upgraded headlamps modern audio system, central door locking plus new wheels & tyres. At the same time the cooling system was upgraded with an electric cooling fan and high flow aluminium radiator among various other work and repairs.
Since then it has been stored and cosseted in pride of place in our showroom, only being used when work and weather conditions would allow.
In summary we have a very desirable DB6 both in specification and condition, ready to be fuelled, driven away and enjoyed however your heart desires.
With such a desirable classic Aston Martin we anticipate a high level of interest, so interested parties should contact the sales team without delay to avoid disappointment:
+44 (0)1207 233 525
• REMOVE REAR SCREEN, REAR TRIM PANELS AND SEATS, REMOVE OLD FIT NEW ALUMINIUM
• FUEL TANK, REFURBISH AND MODIFY RESERVE CONTROL VALVE AND FIT WITH NEW GASKETS.
• FIT NEW FILLER HOSES, RECONNECT BREATHER HOSES, RE-FILL WITH FUEL AND TEST.
• REMOVE EXISTING BRAKE SERVOS AND REPLACE WITH ASTON WORKSHOP LE MANS UPGRADE KIT
• FIT NEW VACUMN TUBING AND NON-RETURN VALVE, MAKE UP AND FIT NEW BRAKE PIPING, REMOVE REAR BRAKE CALIPERS TO FACILITATE THE REMOVAL OF BROKEN BLEED VALVES,
• RE-FIT AND CONNECT PIPE WORK, REMOVE OLD, FIT NEW BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND FLUID RESERVOIR, FOR BRAKE AND CLUTCH, REFILL WITH FLUID AND BLEED THE COMPLETE SYSTEM.
• FIT NEW HANDBRAKE PADS AND ADJUST.
• REMOVE RADIATOR AND HOSES.
• REMOVE EXISTING ALTERNATOR AND STARTER MOTOR, FIT HIGH TORQUE STARTER MOTOR AND HIGH OUTPUT NEGATIVE EARTH ALTERNATOR.
• FIT 123 IGNITION SYSTEM, DISTRIBUTOR, COIL AND HIGH TENSION LEADS WITH CHROME SHROUD.
• FIT NEW ALUMINIUM RADIATOR ASSEMBLY WITH POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL COWL AND NEW HOSE KIT AND ELECTRIC COOLING FAN.
• FIT 2 NEW SMALLER MODERN HORNS TO ALLOW THE SPACE REQUIRED FOR THE ELECTRIC FAN.
• REMOVE REMAINING INTERIOR TRIM, SEATS, DOOR PANELS, CLOSURE PANELS AND CARPETS.
• MODIFY REAR WHEEL ARCHES TO ACCOMMODATE INERTIA REEL SEAT BELT MOUNTINGS, FIT O/S AND N/S BELT UNITS. FIT CENTRAL LOCKING MOTORS TO O/S AND N/S DOORS AND BOOT LID. FIT ALARM UNIT BEHIND THE DASHBOARD CLOSURE PANEL. .
• FIT 2 DOOR MIRRORS AND PLINTHS. FIT NEW SEALS AS REQUIRED, BOOT, BONNET ¼ LIGHT.
• REMOVE REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS AND COMPLETE REAR SUSPENSION SYSTEM,
• RE-ASSEMBLE WITH NEW O/S AND N/S RADIUS ARMS, PINS AND CLIPS,
• NEW WATTS LINKAGE BUSHES NEW LINKS AND MOUNTING.
• FIT NEW MODIFIED AXLE MOUNTING STRAPS AND PLATES TO ACCOMMODATE UPRATED WHEEL AND TYRE SPECIFICATION.
• FIT NEW REAR TELESCOPIC DAMPER CONVERSION KIT. FIT NEW ROAD WHEELS, TYRES AND SPINNERS.
• REMOVE EXISTING STEERING COLUMN AND REPLACE WITH ELECTRIC POWER UNIT.
• REMOVE WORN WIPER WHEEL BOX O/S AND INSTALL NEW UNIT WITH NEW SEAL.
• REMOVE TACHO AND TIME CLOCK FOR REPAIR AND POLARITY CHANGE.
• CONVERSION TO NEGATIVE EARTH ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, RE-WIRE ALL NEW ELECTRICAL
• COMPONENTS, STARTER MOTOR, COOLING FAN, ALTERNATOR, CENTRAL LOCKING, ALARM SYSTEM AND 123 IGNITION SYSTEM. REMOVE HEAD LIGHT UNITS AND REPLACE WITH NEW CIBIE UNITS AND RE-WIRE H.D.I.CONVERSION SYSTEM.
• CHANGE WIRING FOR HEATER FANS TO OPERATE NEG EARTH. COMPLETE SUNDRY UNDER BONNET WIRING, TIDY AND SECURE. INSTALL ALARM MICRO SWITCH.
• WIRE IN NEW STEERING POWER UNIT AND SWITCH, TIDY AND CHECK EXISTING WIRING BEHIND DASH BOARD, FIT NEW RELAYS AND FUSED CONNECTORS AS REQUIRED, FIT MODERN ELECTRONIC FLASHER UNITS.
• PREPARE AND FIT RADIO CENTRE CONSOLE TO HOUSE VISIBLE PERIOD RADIO AND HIDDEN MODERN CD/I.POD UNIT, TRIM TO MATCH INTERIOR AND CONNECT WIRING AND ELECTRIC AERIAL.
• MODIFY REAR SHELF PANEL TO ACCEPT 2 RADIO SPEAKERS AND RE-TRIM TO MATCH INTERIOR.
• FIT 2 RADIO SPEAKERS TO THE DASHBOARD CLOSURE PANELS AND TRIM TO SUIT.
• FIT NEW HEATED REAR SCREEN AND SEAL, CONNECT WIRING AND TEST.
• REFIT ALL INTERIOR TRIM PANELS INCLUDING 1 NEW INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE.
• RE-CARPET BOOT AREA AND RE-TRIM BATTERY COVER TO MATCH.
• FIT FRONT CLOSURE PANELS UNDER THE DASHBOARD,
• RE-CARPET THE INTERIOR AS REQUIRED.
• MODIFY REAR SEAT SQUAB AND RE-FIT. CLEAN AND TREAT LEATHER AS REQUIRED RE-COLOUR O/S SEAT AND REFIT ALL PARTS.
• SOURCE ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT WASHER BOTTLE AND FIT WITH AUXILIARY PUMP UNIT.
• REMOVE FRONT AND REAR EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, BLAST CLEAN, WELD LUG ON REAR MANIFOLD
• RE-PAINT BOTH AND RE-FIT WITH NEW GASKETS AND HEAT SHIELD.
• TOUCH IN UNDER-BODY PROTECTION AS REQUIRED.
• FIT RADIO, SPECIALIST CONSOLE, SPEAKERS, AERIAL AND DUMMY PERIOD RADIO.
• 5 NEW TYRES.
The culmination of Aston Martin’s long-running line of ‘DB’ six-cylinder sports saloons, and thus considered by many to be the last ‘real’ Aston, the DB6 was introduced in 1965, updating the DB5. Aware that increased headroom and legroom was required to extend the car’s appeal to a wider market, Aston Martin lengthened the wheelbase by 4” and undertook an extensive re-style, incorporating a more-raked windscreen, raised roofline and reshaped rear quarter windows.
Although still recognisably related to the original Touring-styled DB4 of 1958, the DB6 abandoned the Superleggera body structure of its predecessors in favour of a conventional steel fabrication. Opening front quarter lights made a reappearance, but the major change was at the rear where a Kamm-style tail with spoiler improved the aerodynamics, greatly enhancing stability at high speeds.
The Tadek Marek-designed six-cylinder engine had been enlarged to 3,995cc for the preceding DB5 and remained unchanged. Power output on triple SU carburettors was 282bhp, rising to 325bhp in Vantage specification. Borg-Warner automatic transmission was offered alongside the standard ZF five-speed gearbox, and for the first time there was optional power-assisted steering.